The types of personal information we may collect will either be directly from you or from third parties* such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords Express, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn & Facebook.
The information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, and/or telephone number;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys, gift vouchers or any fairs, exhibitions or events;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- *your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- *information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- *additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- *any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact, communicate with & provide personalised service to you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords Express, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn & Facebook. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia including Google Analytics, Google Adwords Express, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn & Facebook.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Details from third party websites, this Site uses:
Our Site uses Google Analytics to help us understand how you use the Site. It is a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Google Adwords Express
On this Site has integrated Google AdWords Express. Google AdWords Express is a service for Internet advertising that allows the advertiser to place ads in Google search engine results and the Google advertising network. Google AdWords Express allows an advertiser to pre-define specific keywords with the help of which an ad on Google’s search results only then displayed, when you utilises the search engine to retrieve a keyword-relevant search result. In the Google Advertising Network, the ads are distributed on relevant web pages using an automatic algorithm, taking into account the previously defined keywords.
The purpose of Google AdWords Express is the promotion of our Site by the inclusion of relevant advertising on the websites of third parties and in the search results of the search engine Google and an insertion of third-party advertising on our website. If you reach our Site via a Google ad, a conversion cookie is filed on the information technology system of the user through Google. The definition of cookies is explained below. A conversion cookie loses its validity after 30 days and is not used to identify the user.
The data and information collected through the use of the conversion cookie is used by Google to create visit statistics for our website. These visit statistics are used in order to determine the total number of users who have been served through AdWords Express ads to ascertain the success or failure of each AdWords ad and to optimise our AdWords ads in the future. Neither our company nor other Google AdWords Express advertisers receive information from Google that could identify you.
The users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies by our Site, by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such a setting of the Internet browser used would also prevent Google from placing a conversion cookie on the information technology system of the user. In addition, a cookie set by Google AdWords Express may be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
The users have a possibility of objecting to the interest based advertisement of Google. Therefore, the user must access from each of the browsers by using the link www.google.com/settings/ads and setting the desired settings. Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
On this Site, has integrated components of Facebook. Facebook is a social network and is a place for social meetings on the Internet, an online community, which usually allows users to communicate with each other and interact in a virtual space. A social network may serve as a platform for the exchange of opinions and experiences, or enable the Internet community to provide personal or business-related information. Facebook allows social network users to include the creation of private profiles, upload photos, and network through friend requests.
If the user is logged in at the same time on Facebook, and clicks on one of the Facebook components integrated on our Site then Facebook matches this information with the personal Facebook user account of the user and stores the personal data. Facebook always receives, through the Facebook component, information about a visit to our Site by the user, whenever the user is logged in. This occurs regardless of whether the user clicks on the Facebook component or not. If such a transmission of information to Facebook is not desirable for the user, then he or she may prevent this by logging off from their Facebook account before accessing our Site.
The data protection guideline published by Facebook, which is available at https://facebook.com/about/privacy/, provides information about the collection, processing and use of personal data by Facebook. In addition, it is explained there what setting options Facebook offers to protect the privacy of the user. In addition, different configuration options are made available to allow the elimination of data transmission to Facebook. These applications may be used by the user to eliminate a data transmission to Facebook.
On this Site, has integrated components of the service Instagram. Instagram is a service that may be qualified as an audiovisual social media platform, which allows users to share photos and videos, as well as disseminate such data in other social networks. If the user is logged in at the same time on Instagram, Instagram detects every visit to our Site by the user—and for the entire duration of their stay on our Site—which specific sub-page of our Internet page was visited by the user.
If the user is logged in at the same time on Instagram, and clicks on one of the Instagram components integrated on our Site then Instagram matches this information with the personal Instagram user account of the user and stores the personal data. Instagram always receives, through the Instagram component, information about a visit to our Site by the user, whenever the user is logged in. This occurs regardless of whether the user clicks on the Instagram component or not. If such a transmission of information to Instagram is not desirable for the user, then he or she may prevent this by logging off from their Instagram account before accessing our Site.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Instagram may be retrieved under https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388 and https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
On this Site, are integrated components of Pinterest Inc. Pinterest is a so-called social network. A social network is an Internet social meeting place, an online community that allows users to communicate and interact with each other in a virtual space. A social network may serve as a platform for the exchange of opinions and experiences, or allow the Internet community to provide personal or company-related information. Pinterest enables the users of the social network to publish, inter alia, picture collections and individual pictures as well as descriptions on virtual pinboards (pins), which can then be shared by other user’s (re-pins) or commented on.
If the user is logged in at the same time on Pinterest, Pinterest detects every visit to our Site by the user—and for the entire duration of their stay on our Site—which specific sub-page of our Internet page was visited by the user. This information is collected through Pinterest and associated with the respective Pinterest account of the user. If the user clicks on one of the Pinterest components integrated on our Site, then Pinterest assigns this information to the personal Pinterest user account of the user and stores the personal data.
Pinterest receives information via the Pinterest component that the user has visited our Site, provided that the User is logged in on Pinterest at the time of the visit to our Site. This occurs regardless of whether the person clicks on the Pinterest component or not. If such a transmission of information to Pinterest is not desirable for the user, then he or she may prevent this by logging off from their Pinterest account before a visiting our Site.
The data protection guideline published by Pinterest, which is available under https://about.pinterest.com/privacy-policy, provides information on the collection, processing and use of personal data by Pinterest.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage & Security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us.
Houng Taing Photography
+61 421 835 648
This document was last updated: 25/06/20