Melbourne Event Photographer
I am a Brunswick based photographer providing corporate photography services across Melbourne. I cover all kinds of functions including public, private, educational, product launches and many more. I aim to create and capture special moments that are authentic and engaging. Providing imagery that reflect your vision and intentions of your event.
Events photography services in Melbourne
Are you looking to hire a professional photographer to capture moments of your event? Whether it is to carry those important memories, business marketing. Or even showcase or celebrate an important occasion?
As an experienced event photographer in Melbourne. The high quality event photos I capture can be considered candid, fun, natural, and professional. Most importantly, they will embody the atmosphere of the day.
As a previous medical researcher, I have was apart of many organising committees. This has allowed me to photograph many events for websites, social media, newsletters and marketing purposes. Having this experience has given me a keen eye for detail in knowing the types of imagery required for your promotional platforms.
Different types of corporate events covered:
- Conferences, conventions, expos, trade shows
- Gala dinners
- Public charity
- Anniversary dinners
- Networking, cocktail evenings
- Educational Workshops
- Birthday parties
- Premier openings or product launches
- Award presentations
- Keynote speakers for conferences
Planning schedule process
As part of my photography services, it would be a great opportunity to book a meeting. This meeting will allow us to discuss the logistics, expectations, and your preferences.
Once I am informed of your aims and what you hope to achieve. This includes your understanding your event schedule, type of event and timetable.
It will give me a chance to do the following;
- To understand your target audience. If I can understand who you intend to approach with regard to visual imagery of your brand or business. This will allow us to discuss the intended use of your images. For example; social media, annual reports, print media etc.
- This will lead to creating a shot list as a guide. As photographers, we can get carried away with our artistic flair in creating images. That said, having a list will guide us capturing important features and characteristics of your event. It it will help us anticipate intended outcomes. And using my own expertise, I will create additional images that embody the essence of your event.
- Having a list will also allow us to plan for group photographs. This will also pre-empt me to provide some organisation and direction to arrange group photos.
- Allow to plan and organise my time efficiently. In other words, knowing where and what locations I am required to be at specific times. And knowing what specific parts of your schedule are priority to ensure that many of the expected images are captured (from the shot list).
- From technical perspective, it will give me time to know which areas may provide better lighting. And if lighting is poor, it may require me to use flash for specific situations. I prefer not to use flash photography, but under certain circumstances, we may not avoid it. And in some cases I'll just avoid it altogether.
- An awareness of the venue landscape will also give me an idea of what locations to use and avoid. This will ensure the best posts to be in when photographing, without being intrusive and naturally be unseen. Subsequently, allowing the photographs are more natural and authentic.
Corporate event photography standards & expectations
Are you looking quality photos for your annual event that are powerful, personal and resonate with you audience?
As an event photographer in Melbourne. The most important factor to consider is to always ensure that important details in your schedule or run sheet are covered. So if you have any specific requests, please ask or mention them at the meeting.
When it comes to creating photographs I’ll will capture images from many angles. My compositions will vary. From zoomed in to display the speaker and to highlight their presence. Or zoomed out landscape photographs to show the degree of attendee engagement and atmosphere.
For corporate conferences or even symposiums. I will photograph speakers and when they are presenting their work on stage, and engaging with attendees off stage.
For any venue whether it is an indoor or outdoor event. I am always conscious of photographing sponsorship signage, banners and other marketing paraphernalia. Unless instructed otherwise. These types of photos are usually important during award ceremonies, vendor booths at trade shows and educational workshops.
I’ll also be sure to capture candid moments between attendees that are diverse, engaging, uplifting and vibrant. Other moments that will be captured include; when attendees are engaging with speakers in large gatherings, or 1-to-1 during break sessions or perhaps even in hallways as an artistic way to show and emphasise the importance or messages you wish to portray.
Hiring a photographer for birthdays, parties, and non-corporate occasions
Are you looking to hire a party photographer for your 21st birthday? The way I take photos at more casual parties is not too different to what I capture at larger corporate gala dinners or cocktail evenings.
For birthdays, parties and casual gatherings. I’ll always take the initiative to find out beforehand, who are the most important people to photograph, including family members, friends etc. As casual events are more relaxed and fun, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for special moments of laughter, fun and joy. Images that you will appreciate or will attract more attendees to your upcoming events.
I will never photograph individuals when they are eating or drinking, as this can be unflattering. And to ensure the attendees are felling more comfortable. Instead, I will approach attendees and direct them to create more flattering photos. So I may ask attendees to hide their food, drinks, adjust their attire or even hide their name tag if they wish for those details not to be displayed. At the same time, display the diversity and connection between attendees and VIPs at the event.
I will make use of natural light and reduce the usage of flash photography as a way to ensure it does not disturb attendees and speakers. As I believe the only way to achieve natural and candid photographs is by being discreet and professional at the same time.
Package & Pricing
The following service pricing applies to birthday parties, conferences, symposiums, conventions, cocktail functions, educational workshops, networking events & engagement parties. With the exception of funerals, weddings, elopements or micro weddings.
As a guide, coverage includes:
- Photography coverage
- Unlimited photos (typically 50-100 photos/hour)
- Photo slideshow
- Digital images optimised for social media
- Exposure and colour corrected selected images
- Online gallery
- Unlimited commercial rights for most events
Other products are available for purchase, such as birthdays, anniversaries, christenings and reunions.
- Wall Art
From the guide above, coverage starts from $500 for the first 2 hours and is charged an at hourly rate of $200 for every hour after.
If coverage is required over multiple days, please contact me for a customised quote. A travel fee may apply if further than 50km.